Based in Albany, this individual will be responsible for assisting the Department of Health in developing, implementing, and evaluating Medicaid Redesign Team (MRT) initiatives, with an emphasis on attribution and predictive analysis related to the New York State’s Health Home initiative. Duties will include but are not limited to: assisting in a broad range of data management, analysis, programming and reporting activities. Conduct analysis of patient loyalty, provider cost and utilization data. Respond to ad hoc data analysis requests and provide technical assistance. Ensure the accuracy of analysis and reports: develop logic for analysis and reporting functions, including edit checks, batch process, benchmarking and checks for internal consistency. Develop and review data validation documentation. Participate in project planning and requirements gathering meetings and collaborate with staff from other divisions and agencies.
- Strong working knowledge of SAS data manipulation, research and modeling functions and procedures
- Strong research, analytical and communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- The ability to think creatively and strategically.
- Ability to create timelines and meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skill.
- Hardware/software knowledge with the ability to converse in a technical environment, as well as the ability to learn and expand technical skills in new areas based on business needs;
- The ability to work with minimal supervision as needed, as well as in a team environment.
- Proficient in the use of standard office technology and basic Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (such as statistics, health care administration, data management, computer science or related), from an accredited college, required. Master’s degree, preferred.
- Two (2) years of demonstrated progressive work history, required.
- Experience with data collection and analysis working with very large data sets, preferred.
- Experience with or knowledge of New York State public health insurance programs (e.g., Medicaid, Managed Care, CHPlus, and, FHPlus) and/or New York State public health data (e.g. SPARCS, Medicaid Datamart, MDW), preferred.
IPRO offers a comprehensive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must note the position # identified in the title line when applying for this position.
Please submit a resume, along with a cover letter (which should include salary requirements or history to):
Attn: Human Resources
1979 Marcus Avenue
Lake Success, NY 11042-1002
Fax: (516) 403-5984
While we are grateful for all interest expressed in employment with IPRO, only qualified candidates being considered will be contacted.
IPRO is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.