Based in Albany, this individual will assist the Department of Health in evaluation, planning, analysis and reporting activities related to the Medicaid Redesign Team initiatives with a particular focus on behavioral health, specifically the development and analysis of quality measures.
- Strong analytical and communication (both written and verbal) skills with the ability to present data to interested parties with varying technical backgrounds.
- Ability to create timelines and meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Hardware/software knowledge with the ability to converse in a technical environment, as well as the ability to learn and expand technical skills in new areas based on business needs.
- Proficient in the use of standard office technology and basic Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Proficient in the use of statistical analytic software, such as SAS or SQL.
- The ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (such as statistics, health care administration, data management, computer science or related), from an accredited college, required. Master’s degree, preferred.
- Four (4) years of demonstrated progressive work history, required.
- Experience with SAS business analytics software OR SQL programming, preferred.
- Experience with data collection and analysis working with very large data sets, preferred.
- Experience with or knowledge of New York State public health insurance programs (e.g., Medicaid, Managed Care, CHPlus, and, FHPlus), preferred.
IPRO offers a comprehensive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must note the position # identified in the title line when applying for this position.
Please submit a resume, along with a cover letter (which should include salary requirements or history to):
Attn: Human Resources
1979 Marcus Avenue
Lake Success, NY 11042-1002
Fax: (516) 403-5984
While we are grateful for all interest expressed in employment with IPRO, only qualified candidates being considered will be contacted.
IPRO is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.