Based in Albany, this individual will assist staff in the New York State Department of Health, Office of Health Insurance Programs in developing, reviewing, and monitoring of analytic and performance measurement components of the quality improvement projects related to the Delivery System Reform Incentives Program (DSRIP). Duties include but are not limited to: assisting with a broad range performance measurements analysis. Compile, review, and analyze data through database and statistical programming. Prepare written or automated reports. Assist in the development of programmatic policy based on statistical analysis. Provide technical assistance with the design and management of reporting and measurement processes.
- The ability to think independently, creatively and strategically with strong attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to prepare cogent analysis using a variety of statistical, spreadsheet, and database programs.
- Proficiency with SAS.
- Ability to clearly communicate qualitative and quantitative analysis findings to parties with various backgrounds.
- Ability to handle all aspects in the full cycle of research projects.
- Ability to work well independently and with little supervision, as well as in a team environment.
- Proficient in the use of standard office technology and Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree, required. Master’s degree in health science, epidemiology, statistics, mathematics, or a related field, preferred.
- Two (2) years of demonstrated progressive work history, required.
- Experience with a variety of software packages, particularly Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint, preferred.
- Experience with SAS or SQL, required.
- Experience with or knowledge of New York State public health insurance and managed care, particularly public health insurance programs (e.g., Medicaid, Managed Care, CHPlus, or Medicare), preferred.
IPRO offers a comprehensive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must note the position # identified in the title line when applying for this position.
Please submit a resume, along with a cover letter (which should include salary requirements or history to):
Attn: Human Resources
1979 Marcus Avenue
Lake Success, NY 11042-1002
Fax: (516) 403-5984
While we are grateful for all interest expressed in employment with IPRO, only qualified candidates being considered will be contacted.
IPRO is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.