Based in Albany, this individual will work closely with senior managers in the New York State Department of Health in monitoring the collection, tracking and reporting on more than sixty (60) quality measures that will be included in the FIDA program. Such measures include, but are not limited to, participant experience, access to care, and utilization of services. The Data Analyst assists with providing quality reporting which will be shared with the FIDA team and used in their monitoring of approximately twenty five (25) plans. This position will be located in the Office of Quality and Patient Safety.
- Superior research, analytic and communication (both written and oral) skills with the ability to present data and findings to interested parties with varying backgrounds.
- Working knowledge of SAS data manipulation and SQL for extraction and merging of large data sets.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically.
- The ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to coordinate the work of other staff.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- The ability to travel occasionally within New York State.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, nursing, public administration, information technology or a field that is closely related to public health care, required. Master’s degree, preferred.
- Two (2) years of demonstrated progressive work history, required.
- Experience with data analysis and manipulation (extracting, merging and linking) of large health care data sets, preferred.
- Proficiency with statistical/database programming languages (i.e., SAS, SQL), preferred.
- Experience with statistical analysis and risk adjustment methodologies, preferred.
- Experience working with Medicaid data and understanding of associated Medicaid policies including knowledge of protocols surrounding protected health information (PHI) and familiarity with proper handling of highly secure/confidential data, preferred.
IPRO offers a comprehensive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must note the position # identified in the title line when applying for this position.
Please submit a resume, along with a cover letter (which should include salary requirements or history to):
Attn: Human Resources
1979 Marcus Avenue
Lake Success, NY 11042-1002
Fax: (516) 403-5984
While we are grateful for all interest expressed in employment with IPRO, only qualified candidates being considered will be contacted.
IPRO is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.