Working from Albany, this individual will provide administrative assistance to one or more senior/executive level staff members in the NY State Department of Health. Duties will include, but not limited to: scheduling meetings and coordinating conference calls; screening and routing telephone calls and providing follow-up as necessary; timely distribution of mail; typing, copying and faxing documents; organizing and maintaining individual and contract specific files; booking conference/training rooms; coordinating travel arrangements and reimbursements. Serve as Departmental or Division receptionist, as appropriate.
- Must possess excellent clerical skills and strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible, innovative and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to handle internal and external inquires
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and maintain a professional, positive demeanor when interacting with all levels of staff.
- Exceptional computer skills with proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability and willingness to learn new systems/programs.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High School graduate (or equivalent), required. Some college or secretarial school training, preferred.
- Eight (8) years of related experience, required.
- Previous experience in healthcare or public sector environment, preferred.
- Previous experience working with senior level executive(s) providing secretary/administrative assistance, required.
IPRO offers a comprehensive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must note the position title when applying for this position.
Please submit a resume, along with a cover letter (which should include salary requirements or history to):
Attn: Human Resources
1979 Marcus Avenue
Lake Success, NY 11042-1002
Fax: (516) 403-5984
While we are grateful for all interest expressed in employment with IPRO, only qualified candidates being considered will be contacted.
IPRO is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans.