Based in Albany, this individual will assist the Department of Health of Health in implementing and evaluation healthcare reform initiatives through the development, analysis, outreach and oversight associated with the Managed Care Operating Cost Reports for Mainstream Managed Care Plans. Duties include but not limited to: assisting in the development of financial tables and accompanying instructions as necessary to collect financial information from the Medicaid Managed Care Organizations in NYS. Assist staff with the quarterly financial reports for mainstream Managed Care plans. Review and oversee timely filing and accuracy of the quarterly and annual financial reporting. Monitor the financial condition of managed care plans, including analysis of their financial operations and compliance with financial reporting. Compile and analyze financial data and prepare reports and presentations; produce graphic depictions of data, prepare reports and present findings to senior managers, as appropriate. Review and evaluate managed care plan expansions, mergers and acquisitions, equity transfers, such as dividend requests, asset transfers and surplus note repayments. Conduct desk and on-site reviews of MCOs financial and operating status.
- Strong analytical and communication skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to present data to interested parties with varying technical backgrounds.
- The ability to think independently, creatively and strategically.
- Ability to create timelines and meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Hardware/software knowledge with the ability to converse in a technical environment, as well as, the ability to learn and expand technical skills in new areas based on business needs.
- Proficient in the use of standard office technology and Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- The ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree, required. Master’s degree in economics, accounting, business, management, healthcare administration, public administration, public health, or a closely related field, preferred.
- Two (2) years of professional experience in finance, required; a Master’s degree in accounting, economics, business management, healthcare administration, public administration, or a closely related field will be considered in lieu of one year of experience.
- Experience with data collection and data analysis working with very large proprietary data sets, preferred.
- Strong Excel and data analytics skills, preferred.
- Experience in preparation and/or review of financial statements, preferred.
- Experience with or knowledge of New York State public health insurance and managed care, preferred.
IPRO offers a comprehensive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must note the position # identified in the title line when applying for this position.
Please submit a resume, along with a cover letter (which should include salary requirements or history to):
Attn: Human Resources
1979 Marcus Avenue
Lake Success, NY 11042-1002
Fax: (516) 403-5985
While we are grateful for all interest expressed in employment with IPRO, only qualified candidates being considered will be contacted.
IPRO is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.