Based in Albany, this individual will work closely with the New York State Department of Health, Office of Health Insurance Programs (OHIP), on a broad range of data analysis, data management, programming and reporting activities primarily related to the transition of vulnerable populations into Managed Care. Duties will include but are not limited to: Working with Senior Managers to maintain, update, and implement data collection and reporting systems. Research, make recommendations, and implement changes to align databases currently supporting various Division functions. Provide database support and implement proper data collection policies and procedures. Supervise staff, if needed.
- Superior analytic and communication (both written and oral) skills with the ability to present data and findings to interested parties with varying backgrounds.
- The demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Experience with database management including the ability to relate complex information technology software, structures and architectures to nontechnical audiences.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments.
- The ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to coordinate the work of other staff.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- The ability to travel within New York State as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree, required. Master’s degree in business, public administration, information technology, data analytics, or related field, highly preferred.
- Eight (8) years of work experience in health or social services settings, required.
- Five (5) years of content/subject-matter expertise in health care, such health information technology or data analytics, required.
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience, preferred.
- Experience with project management including project planning, GAANT charting, resource leveling, preferred
- Knowledge of the NYS Medicaid or other public health related policies, preferred.
- BSA or PMP certification, preferred.
- Managed care experience, preferred.
IPRO offers a comprehensive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must note the position # identified in the title line when applying for this position.
Please submit a resume, along with a cover letter (which should include salary requirements or history to):
Attn: Human Resources
1979 Marcus Avenue
Lake Success, NY 11042-1002
Fax: (516) 403-5985
While we are grateful for all interest expressed in employment with IPRO, only qualified candidates being considered will be contacted.
IPRO is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.