Based in Albany, this individual will assist senior staff in the New York State Department of Health, Office of Health Insurance Programs (OHIP), Division of Health Plan Contracting and Oversight, Bureau of Consumer Services in implementing and evaluating health reform initiatives with a primary focus on research and analysis associated with the transition of vulnerable populations into managed care. Duties will include but are not limited to: performing program research associated with the handling and processing of consumer complaint, grievance data and statistical analysis. Research and analyze MCO business process data. Provide assistance with the design, implementation and maintenance of application programs and databases. Identify operational deficiencies or systemic problems associated with enrollee management and provider billing. Assist with onsite MCO business process reviews related to the identification and implementation of corrective actions. Draft status reports and guidance documents.
- Strong analytical and communication (both written and oral) skills with the ability to present data and findings to interesting parties with varying backgrounds.
- The demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments.
- The ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Proficient in the use of standard office technology and Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to function in a multi task environment.
- The ability to travel within NYS as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree, required. Master’s degree in allied health fields, public administration, or a field that is closely related to data analysis, health or public health care, preferred.
- Three years of professional healthcare experience, required. Will consider a relevant Master’s degree is lieu of one year of experience.
- Experience in health research and business analytics, preferred.
- Advanced skills in Excel and Access, preferred.
- Experience working with large health datasets, preferred.
- Experience with statistical software (SAS, SPSS, STATA, R), preferred.
- Managed care and consumer service experience, preferred.
IPRO offers a comprehensive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must note the position # identified in the title line when applying for this position.
Please submit a resume, along with a cover letter (which should include salary requirements or history to):
Attn: Human Resources
1979 Marcus Avenue
Lake Success, NY 11042-1002
Fax: (516) 403-5985
While we are grateful for all interest expressed in employment with IPRO, only qualified candidates being considered will be contacted.
IPRO is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.