Based in Albany, this individual will work closely with senior managers in the New York State Department of Health focusing on Medicaid transportation policy and contract management for the statewide transportation management contracts. Duties include but not limited to: Assisting senior managers in a broad range of policy implementation, contract voucher payment review and processing, and contract procurement activities. Work with staff to interpret and clarify Medicaid transportation policy; facilitate resolution of requests for prior authorization of transports; and analyzing fee increase and other policy initiative requests. Assist with the ongoing management of transportation management contracts and their prospective re-procurements. Prepare and review various data elements necessary to manage the transportation program including by not limited to Salient, Medicaid Data Warehouse. Research other states’ transportation policy guidelines to enhance or revise current manuals, coordinate staffs’ input on suggested changes, and write/present policy recommendations. Review, process and authorize the payment of miscellaneous contractor-related invoices, documenting payments, and verifying contractor payment utilizing the Statewide Financial System (SFS). Track and assist with compiling required documents when Request for Proposals (RFPs), Vendor Award Packets (VAPs) and Contract Renewals are being developed.
- Excellent analytic and communication (both written and oral) skills with the ability to present data and findings to interested parties with diverse backgrounds.
- The demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically.
- The ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and projects and be responsible to rapidly changing priorities.
- The ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree, preferred.
- Three (3) years of professional experience in a health care setting, required.
- Experience with Medicaid or other public health populations and policies, preferred.
- Program oversight and /or contract experience, preferred.
IPRO offers a comprehensive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must note the position # identified in the title line when applying for this position.
Please submit a resume, along with a cover letter (which should include salary requirements or history to):
Attn: Human Resources
1979 Marcus Avenue
Lake Success, NY 11042-1002
Fax: (516) 403-5985
While we are grateful for all interest expressed in employment with IPRO, only qualified candidates being considered will be contacted.
IPRO is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.