Based in Albany, this individual will work in the Bureau of Managed Long Term Care in the Plan Surveillance Unit, providing technical assistance to local social service districts, State agencies, clients, health care providers, advocacy groups, & professional organizations to assure compliance with State & Federal regulations. Duties will include but are not limited to: Assisting with the development of Medicaid policy guidelines, procedures & documentation to facilitate program operations for Managed Long Term Care (MLTC); evaluation of medical assistance legislation & programs. Conduct both site & desk audits of MLTC plan to assure adherence to State & Federal requirements, guidelines & statutes. Review periodic & final reports of grant & contract activity for funds given to service providers by DOH for specific services & demonstration projects. Review statistics of services delivered to ensure necessary levels of service provision are maintained & that spending is within limits. Provide development, training & technical assistance to providers & stakeholders.
- Strong analytical & communication (both written and oral) skills.
- Ability to think creatively & strategically.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments
- Proficient in the use of standard office technology & Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Access & PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel within New York State as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree, required. Master’s degree, preferred.
- Three (3) years of professional experience in a health care program that: reimburses for health care services; provides health care services directly; provides health care regulatory oversight; performs quality assurance and interpretation/application of standards of health care; manages health care utilization, or conducts health care coordination activities, required.
- Experience with, or a knowledge of, NYS public health insurance programs &other public health related policies including coverage, reimbursement, eligibility, managed care, &/or long term care, especially community based long term care programs, required.
- Experience in surveillance, certification or program oversight, strongly preferred.
IPRO offers a comprehensive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must note the position # identified in the title line when applying for this position.
Please submit a resume, along with a cover letter (which should include salary requirements or history to):
Attn: Human Resources
1979 Marcus Avenue
Lake Success, NY 11042-1002
Fax: (516) 403-5985
While we are grateful for all interest expressed in employment with IPRO, only qualified candidates being considered will be contacted.
IPRO is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.