Based in Albany, this individual will collaborate with managers in the New York State Department of Health to provide oversight of the Medicaid Redesign Team Waiver by monitoring amendments, quarterly and annual progress reports and other documents related to Medicaid Redesign Team health care initiatives. Duties include but not limited to: assisting in a broad range of program implementation and reporting activities. Process and monitor waiver amendments and other documents related to health care reform initiatives. Monitor the progress of program implementation and prepare quarterly and annual progress reports; coordinate and obtain information from other divisions and agencies.
- Strong analytical and communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- The ability to think creatively and strategically.
- The ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Proficient in the use of standard office technology and basic Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- The ability to travel within NYS as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management, public administration, or a closely related field, required. Master’s degree in business, public administration, economics, management, or a field that is closely related to public health care, preferred. Background in public health, health services research, and/or public policy, preferred.
- Three (3) years of professional experience in a health care program that: reimburses for health care services; provides health care services directly; provides health care regulatory oversight; performs quality assurance and interpretation/application of standards of health care; manages health care utilization, or conducts health care coordination activities, required.
- Experience with, or a knowledge of, NYS public health insurance programs (e.g., Medicaid, Managed Care, Child Health Plus, Medicare), preferred.
- Familiarity with New York’s Waiver programs, preferred
IPRO offers a comprehensive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must note the position # identified in the title line when applying for this position.
Please submit a resume, along with a cover letter (which should include salary requirements or history to):
Attn: Human Resources
1979 Marcus Avenue
Lake Success, NY 11042-1002
Fax: (516) 403-5985
While we are grateful for all interest expressed in employment with IPRO, only qualified candidates being considered will be contacted.
IPRO is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.