Based in Albany this individual will work closely with senior managers in the NY State Department of Health, based in the Office of the Medical Director within the Office of Quality and Patient Safety, to develop, implement, and evaluate Medicaid Redesign Team initiatives with a particular focus on Patient Centered Medical Home initiatives, including the development of the Advanced Primary Care Model and related quality improvement and safety initiatives in health care delivery systems. Duties will include but not limited to: assisting senior managers, researchers and clinicians in the Office of Quality and Patient Safety in a broad range of planning, policy, clinical review, project implementation and evaluation activities. Maintain a broad awareness of health care priority projects and provide clinical/medical and policy consultation as appropriate. Assist in the implementation of the State Health Innovation Plan (SHIP) including participating in broad stakeholder workgroups that include clinicians, consumers, and payers. Design reporting templates and review work plans for clinical accuracy and responsiveness. Establish clinical review protocols and provide supervision and training to clinical and non-clinical staff in their use. Monitor program implementation progress, review data and make policy and programmatic recommendations. Provide technical assistance and consultation to health care providers regarding existing programs in quality, safety, and care delivery. Participate in designing program evaluation strategies including identifying evidence-based outcomes measures and other monitoring measures, and analyzing and interpreting program data. Write progress reports and represent the Department in presenting project progress, findings, and outcomes to external audiences. Research and make recommendations on clinical and policy issues.
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills
- Ability to work successfully and collaboratively as part of a team that includes clinicians and non-clinicians
- Current knowledge of health care policy, coverage, care delivery, and reimbursement issues
- Familiarity with Medicaid and Medicare
- Experience in using health care data and other evidence to inform decision making
- The ability to travel within NYS as needed
EDUCATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- NYS licensed Medical Doctor, required.
- Board Certified in a medical specialty, required.
- A Medical degree, required.
- Five (5) years of experience in a clinical, hospital or patient-care setting, required.
- Advanced degree in Public Health, Public Policy, Government, Business Administration, or Public Administration from accredited college, preferred.
- Three (3) years experience providing primary care services, required.
- Three (3) years administrative management experience with a health insurer, managed care organization, government sponsored health insurance program, hospital group practice, not-for-profit organization or foundation, preferred.
IPRO offers a comprehensive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must note the position # identified in the title line when applying for this position.
Please submit a resume, along with a cover letter (which should include salary requirements or history to):
Attn: Human Resources
1979 Marcus Avenue
Lake Success, NY 11042-1002
Fax: (516) 403-5985
While we are grateful for all interest expressed in employment with IPRO, only qualified candidates being considered will be contacted.
IPRO is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.