Based in Albany, this individual will collaborate with managers in the New York State Department of Health to develop, implement, monitor and evaluate health care reform initiatives with a particular focus on the integration of behavioral health benefits into managed care. Duties will include but not limited to: assisting with a broad range of program implementation and reporting activities. Provide staff support to work groups and other meetings, including preparing meetings agendas, briefing materials and summary reports of key decisions, outstanding issues, and options for next steps. Write a wide range of documents including work plans, State Plan Amendments (SPA), monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports, and provider/grantee guidance materials and manuals. Obtain information from other divisions; clarify and prepare information requests, synthesize information in user-friendly formats, present findings to senior staff. Monitor the progress of program implementation and prepare quarterly and annual progress reports. Assist in facilitating the contracting process. Supervise and manage the work of staff; define and assign work assignments, ensure accuracy, quality and timely completion of assigned tasks.
- Strong analytical and communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- The ability to think creatively and strategically.
- The ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Proficient in the use of standard office technology and Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- The ability to travel within NYS as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, accounting, business, management, healthcare administration, public administration, or a closely related field, required.
- Five (5) years of experience in healthcare or social services, required.
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience or four years of experience in a lead function requiring the individual to lead a team or coordinate the work of others, preferred.
- Experience with, or a knowledge of, NYS public health insurance programs (e.g., Medicaid, Managed Care, CHPlus, and FHPlus) and Medicare, preferred.
- Familiarity with behavioral health, preferred.
IPRO offers a comprehensive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must note the position # identified in the title line when applying for this position.
Please submit a resume, along with a cover letter (which should include salary requirements or history to):
Attn: Human Resources
1979 Marcus Avenue
Lake Success, NY 11042-1002
Fax: (516) 403-5985
While we are grateful for all interest expressed in employment with IPRO, only qualified candidates being considered will be contacted.
IPRO is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.