Based in Albany, this individual will assist senior staff in the New York State Department of Health Division of Administration in implementing and evaluating health reform initiatives related to the Capital Restructuring Financing Program (CRFP) with a primary focus on managing grants and contracts related to the Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP) Program. Duties will include but not limited to: assist in a broad range of planning, implementation, reporting, and evaluation activities related to grants, capital projects and contracts. Partner with the Office of Primary Care and Health Systems Management (OPCHSM) and Dormitory Authority of the State of New York (DASNY) on Capital Restructuring Financing Program (CFRP) initiatives. Develop and implement procurement processes, process and prepare procurement documents and conduct Vendor Responsibility Profiles (VRPs). Assist in monitoring grant performance, which may include drafting award letters; drafting and revision of contracts, reviewing vouchers, providing technical assistance to contractors and grantees and development and monitoring of expenditures, budgets and contractual work plans. Track, monitor and report on budgets, grants and contract compliance and performance against identified and targeted DSRIP goals and objectives. Assist in managing other OPCHSM contracts, such as the Essential Care Provider and other targeted regional funding opportunities. Write a wide range of documents including progress reports, guidance materials and policy and procedures manuals, as appropriate. Assist in obtaining information from other Department of Health Divisions and Federal offices; clarify and prepare information requests and disseminate, as appropriate. Supervise and manage the work of staff; define and assign work assignments, ensure accuracy, quality and timely completion of assigned tasks, as appropriate.
- Superior analytic and communication (both written and oral) skills with the ability to present data and findings to interested parties with varying backgrounds.
- The demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically.
- The ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to coordinate the work of other staff.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Access, and PowerPoint. Moderate to advanced experience with Excel and Microsoft Share Point.
- The ability to travel within NYS, as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree, required. Master’s degree in business, public administration, economics, management, or a field that is closely related to public health care, preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience in healthcare or social service, required.
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience or four years of experience in a lead function requiring the individual to lead a team or coordinate the work of others, preferred.
- Experience with contracting, finance, program management, healthcare or budget.
- Contract management or grant management experience, strongly preferred.
IPRO offers a comprehensive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must note the position # identified in the title line when applying for this position.
Please submit a resume, along with a cover letter (which should include salary requirements or history to):
Attn: Human Resources
1979 Marcus Avenue
Lake Success, NY 11042-1002
Fax: (516) 403-5985
While we are grateful for all interest expressed in employment with IPRO, only qualified candidates being considered will be contacted.
IPRO is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.