Based in Albany, this individual will work closely with senior managers in the New York State Department of Health to provide project management support for Medicaid Reform Team initiatives with a particular focus on engaging Regional Health Information Organizations in hospital transformation activities, including the Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment Program.
- Superior research, analytic and communication (both written and oral) skills with the ability to present data and findings to interested parties with varying backgrounds.
- Working knowledge of SAS data manipulation and SQL for extraction and merging of large data sets.
- The demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically.
- The ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to coordinate the work of other staff.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- The ability to travel occasionally within New York State.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree, required. Master’s degree in public health, Nursing, public administration, information technology or a field that is closely related to public health care, preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience in health or social services research, policy, finance, or quality monitoring or improvement projects, required.
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience or four (4) years of experience in a lead function requiring the individual to lead a team or coordinate the work of others, preferred.
- Experience with data analysis and manipulation (extracting, merging and linking) of large health care data sets, preferred.
- Proficiency with statistical/database programming languages (i.e., SAS, SQL), preferred.
- Experience with statistical analysis and risk adjustment methodologies, preferred.
- Experience working with Medicaid data and understanding of associated Medicaid policies including knowledge of protocols surrounding protected health information (PHI) and familiarity with proper handling of highly secure/confidential data, preferred.
- Familiarity with the Statewide Health Information Network of New York, RHIOs and the policy and practical issues related to New York State’s goals to enhance the coordination and transparency of health care through HIT, preferred.
IPRO offers a comprehensive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must note the position # identified in the title line when applying for this position.
Please submit a resume, along with a cover letter (which should include salary requirements or history to):
Attn: Human Resources
1979 Marcus Avenue
Lake Success, NY 11042-1002
Fax: (516) 403-5985
While we are grateful for all interest expressed in employment with IPRO, only qualified candidates being considered will be contacted.
IPRO is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.