Based in Albany, this individual will assist senior managers in the New York State Department of Health in the administration of program activities related to the implementation of Value Based Payments (VBP) and Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP) rate setting. This individual will supervise financial analysts and perform the same duties and functions as financial analysts, but is expected to operate more independently, and handle VBP and DSRIP rate setting assignments where there are no clear precedents. Duties will include but not limited to: Developing financial models and reimbursement rates for providers and health plans. Provide programmatic and project coordination oversight on various rate setting initiatives. Conduct research and develop fiscal policy options and recommendations for the rate setting related to the provision of health care services. Develop, implement and administer the ongoing operation of rate setting health care programs, projects, health insurance, or other initiatives.
- Strong analytical and communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- The ability to think creatively and strategically.
- The ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Proficient in the use of standard office technology and Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- The ability to travel within NYS as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, accounting, finance, business, management, healthcare administration, public administration, or a closely related field, required.
- Five (5) years of experience in healthcare or social services, required.
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience or four years of experience in a lead function requiring the individual to lead a team or coordinate the work of others, preferred.
- Experience with, or a knowledge of, NYS public health insurance programs (e.g., Medicaid, Managed Care, CHPlus, and FHPlus) and Medicare, preferred.
- Familiarity with rate setting and managed care, preferred.
IPRO offers a comprehensive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must note the position # identified in the title line when applying for this position.
Please submit a resume, along with a cover letter (which should include salary requirements or history) to:
Attn: Human Resources
1979 Marcus Avenue
Lake Success, NY 11042-1002
Fax: (516) 403-5985
While we are grateful for all interest expressed in employment with IPRO, only qualified candidates being considered will be contacted.
IPRO is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.