Based in Albany, This individual will work closely with health plans and plan managers in the New York State of Health to ensure timely and accurate reporting of provider data to New York State by health plans. Duties will include but are not limited to: overseeing account creation and modification and working with developers to update the system as needed. Review of health plan-submitted data for accuracy and follow up with health. Work with other offices and agencies to maintain a list of NYS health plans and plan contacts. Work with other offices and agencies to compile reference data on a monthly basis; work with the developers to ensure refreshed reference data is available to health plans. Oversee a shared email address to resolve inquiries and/or troubleshoot issues uncounted in the submission portal.
- Strong organizational skills.
- The ability to communicate clearly and professionally with both system developers and health plan staff.
- Some knowledge and experience with SAS for data manipulation and SQL for extraction and merging large data sets.
- The demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically.
- The ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree, required. Master’s degree in public health, nursing, public administration, information technology or a field that is closely related to public health care, preferred.
- Experience with statistical/database programming languages (i.e., SAS, SQL), required.
- Two (2) years experience with data analysis and manipulation (extracting, merging and linking) large data sets, health care data, preferred.
- Experience with Medicaid or other health insurance plans, including knowledge of protocols surrounding protected health information and familiarity with proper handling of highly secure/confidential data, preferred.
IPRO offers a comprehensive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must note the position # identified in the title line when applying for this position.
Please submit a resume, along with a cover letter (which should include salary requirements or history to):
Attn: Human Resources
1979 Marcus Avenue
Lake Success, NY 11042-1002
Fax: (516) 403-5984
While we are grateful for all interest expressed in employment with IPRO, only qualified candidates being considered will be contacted.
IPRO is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.