Based in Albany, these individuals will work closely with managers in the New York State Office of Health to conduct Value Based Payments (VBP) and Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP) financial/rate setting activities for premium payment to Managed Care Organizations (MCOs) for the provision of health care services and benefits provided through Medicaid. Duties will include but not limited to: assisting in developing reimbursement rates for providers/health plans. Describe and report on the progress of VBP and DSRIP related rate setting/premium development and analysis. Conduct research on fiscal and rate setting strategies utilized in other states to advance New York’s programmatic goals.
- Strong analytical and communication skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to present data to interested parties with varying technical backgrounds.
- The ability to think independently, creatively and strategically.
- Ability to create timelines and meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Hardware/software knowledge with the ability to converse in a technical environment, as well as, the ability to learn and expand technical skills in new areas based on business needs.
- Proficient in the use of standard office technology and Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- The ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree, required. Master’s degree in economics, accounting, finance, business, management, healthcare administration, public administration, public health, or a closely related field, strongly preferred.
- Two (2) years of professional experience in finance, required; a Master’s degree in accounting, economics, business management, healthcare administration, public administration, or a closely related field will be considered in lieu of one year of experience.
- Experience with data collection and data analysis working with very large proprietary data sets, preferred.
- Strong Excel and data analytics skills, preferred.
- Experience in preparation and/or review of financial statements, preferred.
- Experience with or knowledge of New York State public health insurance and managed care, preferred.
IPRO offers a comprehensive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must note the position # identified in the title line when applying for this position.
Please submit a resume, along with a cover letter (which should include salary requirements or history) to:
Attn: Human Resources
1979 Marcus Avenue
Lake Success, NY 11042-1002
Fax: (516) 403-5985
While we are grateful for all interest expressed in employment with IPRO, only qualified candidates being considered will be contacted.
IPRO is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.