Based in Albany, this individual will assist senior staff in the New York State Department of Health in implementing and evaluating health reform initiatives with a primary focus on the Health Home Initiative. Duties will include but are not limited to: assisting in a broad range of planning, implementation, data collection, reporting, and evaluation activities. Monitor the progress of program implementation, evaluation, reporting, design and utilize project tracking systems which may include writing status and progress reports. Conduct technical research including reviewing and analyzing legislation and regulations. Review and analyze data reports; identify and assist Health Home providers in resolving care management questions. Assist in providing guidance on complaints and incidents that are submitted through the Provider Line. Provide staff support, including scheduling meetings, preparing agendas, briefing materials and summary reports of key decisions, outstanding issues, and options for next steps. Obtain information from other Department of Health Divisions and Offices; clarify and prepare information requests, synthesize information in user-friendly formats, present findings. Participate on weekly/biweekly meetings, on-going training and work groups.
- Strong analytical and communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- The ability to think creatively and strategically.
- The ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Proficient in the use of standard office technology and Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- The ability to travel within NYS as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree, required. Master’s degree in business, public administration, economics, management, or a field that is closely related to public health care, preferred.
- Three (3) years of health care experience, required.
- Experience with, or knowledge of, NYS public health insurance programs (e.g., Medicaid, Managed Care, CHPlus, and FHPlus), preferred.
- A working knowledge of New York’s Health Home initiative, preferred.
IPRO offers a comprehensive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must note the position # identified in the title line when applying for this position.
Please submit a resume, along with a cover letter (which should include salary requirements or history to):
Attn: Human Resources
1979 Marcus Avenue
Lake Success, NY 11042-1002
Fax: (516) 403-5985
While we are grateful for all interest expressed in employment with IPRO, only qualified candidates being considered will be contacted.
IPRO is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.