Based in Albany, this individual will assist staff in the New York State Department of Health to develop, implement, evaluate, and support Medicaid Reform initiatives with a primary focus on the Health Home Initiative. Duties will include but are not limited to: assist in a broad range of policy, program development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation activities. Participate in Health Home re-designation, compliance and survey activities, evaluation and reporting, and site visits and desk audits. Help to assure providers adherence to State and Federal requirements, guidelines and statutes. Work with staff to develop training and other technical assistance strategies. Convene, support, and participate in internal working groups and other meetings, including preparing meetings agendas, power point presentations, briefing materials and summary reports of key decisions, outstanding issues, and options for next steps, as appropriate.
- Superior analytic and communication (both written and oral) skills with the ability to present data and findings to interested parties with diverse backgrounds.
- The demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically.
- The ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and projects and be responsible to rapidly changing priorities.
- The ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to coordinate the work of other staff.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- The ability to travel within NYS up to 25 percent.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree, required. Master’s degree, preferred.
- Three (3) years of professional experience in a health care setting, required.
- Experience with Medicaid or other public health populations and policies, preferred.
- Program oversight experience, preferred.
IPRO offers a comprehensive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must note the position # identified in the title line when applying for this position.
Please submit a resume, along with a cover letter (which should include salary requirements or history to):
Attn: Human Resources
1979 Marcus Avenue
Lake Success, NY 11042-1002
Fax: (516) 403-5985
While we are grateful for all interest expressed in employment with IPRO, only qualified candidates being considered will be contacted.
IPRO is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.