Based in Albany, this individual will assist staff in the New York State Department of Health, Office of Health Insurance Programs (OHIP) in implementing and evaluating health reform initiatives with a primary focus on Managed Long Term Care. Duties will include but are not limited to: assisting in a broad range of planning, implementation, reporting and evaluation activities. Research and respond to a wide range of inquiries from consumers and plans; answer hotline calls and respond to queries submitted via Mail Logs and other venues. Contribute to the clarification of policies and procedures which may include marketing, enrollment, grievances and appeals, and provider/plan education, and quality monitoring. Participate in plan compliance, survey and focused-review activities, as appropriate.
- Strong analytical and communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- The ability to think creatively and strategically.
- The ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Proficient in the use of standard office technology and Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- The ability to travel within NYS.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree, required. Master’s degree in business, public administration, economics, management, or a field that is closely related to public health care, preferred.
- Three (3) years of health care experience, required.
- Experience with, or knowledge of, NYS public health insurance programs (e.g., Medicaid, Managed Care, CHPlus, and FHPlus), preferred.
- Familiarity with New York’s home and community-based service delivery system, preferred.
IPRO offers a comprehensive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must note the position # identified in the title line when applying for this position.
Please submit a resume, along with a cover letter (which should include salary requirements or history to):
Attn: Human Resources
1979 Marcus Avenue
Lake Success, NY 11042-1002
Fax: (516) 403-5985
While we are grateful for all interest expressed in employment with IPRO, only qualified candidates being considered will be contacted.
IPRO is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.