Based in Albany, this individual will work closely with managers in the New York State Department of Health to manage and oversee professional staff engaged in the development, implementation, management, oversight, and monitoring of the Value Based Payments (VBP) programs and Medicaid Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP) Program. Duties will include but are not limited to: project management, development of programmatic and financial policies and procedures related to streamlining and improving access to health care services and supports, and the administration of the Medicaid program. Specific duties include management responsibility for VBP/DSRIP managed care rate setting activities. Provide policy direction on legislative, regulatory, and monitoring activities. Ensure compliance with program policies and regulations. Supervise staff in the development of health fiscal policy and implementation of new health care reimbursement initiatives associated with VBP and DSRIP. Collaborate with legal staff, State and federal control agencies, and local entities in developing legislative reforms.
- Superior analytic and communication (both written and oral) skills with the ability to present data and findings to interested parties with varying backgrounds.
- The demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- The ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- The demonstrated ability to manage complex projects and deliverables.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to coordinate the work of other staff.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word and PowerPoint. Proficiency in Microsoft Project or comparable project management software and Visio preferred.
- The ability to travel within NYS as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree, required. Master’s degree in healthcare informatics, computer science, healthcare administration, public administration, or a closely related field strongly preferred.
- Ten (10) years of experience in health care policy, finance, or quality monitoring or improvement projects, required.
- Five (5) years of content/subject-matter expertise in health care, such as rate setting and finance management, required.
- Five (5) years of supervisory experience, required.
- Experience with public health insurance programs (e.g., Medicaid, Managed Care, CHPlus, and FHPlus) and the New York State Department of Health DSRIP program, preferred.
- Large scale project management experience strongly preferred.
- SAS experience, analysis of large data sets and rate setting experience strongly preferred.
IPRO offers a comprehensive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must note the position # identified in the title line when applying for this position.
Please submit a resume, along with a cover letter (which should include salary requirements or history) to:
Attn: Human Resources
1979 Marcus Avenue
Lake Success, NY 11042-1002
Fax: (516) 403-5985
While we are grateful for all interest expressed in employment with IPRO, only qualified candidates being considered will be contacted.
IPRO is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.