Under the supervision of the Director, the Patient Services Coordinator II is responsible for evaluating and resolving patient grievances, providing conflict management techniques to dialysis providers in order to avert involuntary discharges, and developing and implementing Quality Improvement Activities for the improvement of End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) patient quality of care. At the direction of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), the Patient Services Coordinator serves as a patient advocate for all dialysis patients in Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky. Additionally, the Patient Services Coordinator II is a resource for all outpatient dialysis providers on any ESRD patient questions or concerns.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to effectively communicate with external and internal customers/staff.
- Computer proficiency with knowledge of various software programs preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and advocacy skills with the ability to work professionally and successfully with a diverse population.
- Strong problem solving, mediation, and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to maintain accurate records.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, required. Master’s degree, preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years of related healthcare experience, required.
- Experience working in the dialysis setting, preferred.
- Knowledge of state/federal agencies, community resources and nephrology, preferred.
IPRO offers a comprehensive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must note the position # identified in the title line when applying for this position. Please submit a resume, along with a cover letter (which should include salary requirements or history) to:
Attn: Human Resources
1979 Marcus Avenue
Lake Success, NY 11042-1002
While we are grateful for all interest expressed in employment with IPRO, only qualified candidates being considered will be contacted.
IPRO is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran