Based in the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) offices located in Central Islip, NY, this individual will assist the NYSDOH, Office of Primary Care and Health Systems Management Center for Health Care Provider Services and Oversight, with surveillance and investigation activities related to Adult Care Facilities. S/he will conduct onsite, pre-opening survey inspection to determine compliance with regulatory requirements; perform Complete Inspection comprehensive surveys of resident rights, resident financial accounts, dietary/medication and case management activities and maintenance and compliance with sanitary and safety codes; conduct Partial Inspections; Follow-up Inspections; onsite Complaints Investigation inclusive of Adult Care Facilities operating without being licensed; as well as other duties.
This position will cover facilities in Nassau and Suffolk counties.
- Superior investigative and analytical skills; proficient in conducting interviews with facility staff and residents.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to facilitate positive customer satisfaction in situations that are adverse or in controversy.
- The demonstrated ability to successfully work independently with minimal supervision, as well as in a team environment.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) with the ability to communicate with facility staff including management, internal DOH surveillance and management staff.
- Computer proficiency with the ability to learn new programs.
- The ability to travel to on-site facility review assignments, required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- NYS Licensed RN and a graduate of an approved, registered professional nursing program, required. A Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, preferred. A minimum of one (1) year of survey experience, required.
- A Master’s degree in Social Work (MSW) OR a Master’s degree in Guidance with one (1) year of social work experience; OR a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work (BSW) plus 30 graduate credits OR a Bachelor’s degree in Guidance with two (2) years of social work experience, required.
IPRO offers a comprehensive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must note the position title when applying for this position.
Please submit a resume, along with a cover letter (which should include salary requirements or history to):
Attn: Human Resources
1979 Marcus Avenue Lake Success
While we are grateful for all interest expressed in employment with IPRO, only qualified candidates being considered will be contacted.
IPRO is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.