This individual will serve as the supervisor for the Complaint Investigation staff at the NYS Department of Health, Central Islip site. The supervisor will be responsible for coordinating work assignments as well as carry own case load; providing guidance and direction and assisting staff members in the development of their investigative plans. Responsibilities will also include assisting in the planning and management of the day-to-day activities of the bureau. In addition, the supervisor will monitor that policies and procedures relative to program and personnel are being followed; participate in some aspects of the internal quality assurance activities of the DOH.
- Superior analytical and writing skills with the ability to present data and findings both orally and in writing to interested parties with varying backgrounds.
- Ability to manage all aspects of a full cycle project, including the coordination of internal and external workgroups.
- Ability to work will with minimal supervision.
- Ability to coordinate the work of other staff.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the principles of continuous quality improvement.
- Knowledge of State and Federal regulations.
- Able to travel to on-site facility review assignments.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- NYS Licensed, Registered Nurse, required.
- Graduate of an approved Registered Professional Nurses training program, required. A Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, preferred.
- Four (4) years of nursing home or other related experience, required.
- Two(2) years of supervisory experience, preferred.
- SMQT certified or eligible.
IPRO offers a comprehensive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must note the position title when applying for this position.
Please submit a resume, along with a cover letter (which should include salary requirements or history to):
Attn: Human Resources
1979 Marcus Avenue
Lake Success, NY 11042-1002
While we are grateful for all interest expressed in employment with IPRO, only qualified candidates being considered will be contacted.
IPRO is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.