This individual is responsible for facilitating Health Care Quality Improvement Program (HCQIP) strategies to promote improvement in nursing home/long term care. S/He will play a lead role in educating nursing home/long term care staff about quality improvement principles and methods; assist nursing home/long term care staff in identifying opportunities for improvement and devise strategies/plans to address them. S/He will track and evaluate facility progress and suggest ways to overcome barriers.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven record of developing productive relationships with healthcare providers.
- Superior communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to communicate quality improvement data and methods to healthcare providers and stakeholders with varying technical and clinical backgrounds.
- Excellent organizational skills; strong time management skills with the ability to multi-task and meet multiple deliverable deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to travel to various sites, meetings, conferences etc. throughout New York State as required
- Computer proficiency with a developed knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access).
- Ability to provide formal and informal presentations to internal staff and external customers.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a health profession, education, public administration, public policy, public health or a related program, required.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in healthcare quality improvement and direct nursing home experience, required.
- NYS licensed RN and a graduate of an approved registered professional nurses training program, preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must note the position # identified in the title line when applying for this position.
Please submit a resume, along with a cover letter (which should include salary requirements or history) to:
Attn: Human Resources
1979 Marcus Avenue
Lake Success, NY 11042-1002
While we are grateful for all interest expressed in employment with IPRO, only qualified candidates being considered will be contacted.
IPRO is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran