This individual is responsible for identifying, implementing, and managing quality improvement strategies in the hospital provider setting. The Quality Improvement Specialist (QIS) will work with clinical and administrative personnel in the hospital setting to ensure the implementation of strategies and interventions, related to Patient Safety, in a timely and effective manner. He/she will also work with professional health care organizations and community stakeholders to enlist their support as partners in health care quality improvement projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build productive relationships with physicians, other health professionals and internal staff.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, with the ability to lead professional and paraprofessional staff.
- Computer proficiency with a developed knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of the principles of performance improvement.
- The ability to work well independently, with minimal supervision, as well as in a team environment.
- The ability to travel, which will include overnight stays, to provider sites.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- NYS licensed RN and a graduate of an approved registered professional nurses training program, required.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing, required. Master’s degree, preferred.
- A minimum of two (2) years experience working in healthcare quality improvement, required.
- Performance improvement experience in a hospital setting, preferred.
- Previous experience in discharge planning, preferred.
IPRO offers a comprehensive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must note the position # identified in the title line when applying for this position.
Please submit a resume, along with a cover letter (which should include salary requirements or history) to:
Attn: Human Resources
1979 Marcus Avenue
Lake Success, NY 11042-1002
While we are grateful for all interest expressed in employment with IPRO, only qualified candidates being considered will be contacted.
IPRO is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran