Based in Syracuse, this individual will support the NYSDOH in investigating (which consists of off-site, on-site, and/or extended on-site investigations) reports of communicable disease for the NYSDOH Central NY area. S/he will be responsible for conducting the prescribed investigations as assigned, in nursing homes, hospitals, diagnostic and treatment centers, Assisted Living or Adult Homes, shelters, schools, day care centers, etc.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to develop clear and concise reports and effectively communicate with interested parties.
- Strong interpersonal with the ability to deal professionally and successfully with a diverse population.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to maintain accurate records.
- Computer proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to travel to sites.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a medical or public health related discipline with coursework completed in the study of microbiology, immunology, or infectious disease, required. A Master’s degree in a related discipline, preferred.
- A minimum of four (4) years of healthcare or public health experience, required.
- Experience in infection control and Certification in Infection Control (CIC), preferred.
IPRO offers a comprehensive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must note the position # identified in the title line when applying for this position.
Please submit a resume, along with a cover letter (which should include salary requirements or history to):
Attn: Human Resources
1979 Marcus Avenue
Lake Success, NY 11042-1002
Fax: (516) 403-5999
While we are grateful for all interest expressed in employment with IPRO, only qualified candidates being considered will be contacted.
IPRO is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; M/F/D/V