This individual will assist medical office practices in improving clinical quality and office efficiency. He/she is responsible for providing assistance to ambulatory care practices in the use of electronic health records (EHRs), workflow redesign, team building, and communication skills. The QIS will also identify, implement, and manage quality improvement initiatives. This individual will work with primary care physicians and other clinical and administrative personnel to ensure the implementation of strategies and interventions in a timely and effective manner. He/she will also work with professional health care organizations and community-based organizations to enlist support as partners in health care quality improvement.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build productive relationships with clinicians, other health professionals and internal staff.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, with the ability to lead professional and paraprofessional staff.
- Computer proficiency with a developed knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint) and an aptitude for acquiring working knowledge of specific software applications such as those found in ambulatory EHRs or other sites that provide health care services.
- Knowledge of the principles of primary care and quality improvement.
- The ability to work well independently, with minimal supervision, as well as in a team environment.
- The ability to travel to practices sites as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in education, nursing, public administration, public policy, public health or related program that provides the skills needed to conduct performance improvement activities, required. Master’s degree, preferred.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience working in a health care organization such as a hospital, pharmacy or physician office, required.
- Previous experience with ambulatory EHRs in a primary care office setting as an office manager, physician assistant or nurse, preferred.
- Previous experience with managing the delivery of primary care services, preferred.
IPRO offers a comprehensive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must note the position # identified in the title line when applying for this position.
Please submit a resume, along with a cover letter (which should include salary requirements or history) to:
Attn: Human Resources
1979 Marcus Avenue
Lake Success, NY 11042-1002
While we are grateful for all interest expressed in employment with IPRO, only qualified candidates being considered will be contacted.
IPRO is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.