Chief Technology Officer, AVP Health Informatics
Mr. King is responsible for IPRO’s e-business strategy including software development, Health 2.0, interactive content and community, business development and promotion.
Mr. King also leads IPRO’s health informatics and public reporting Pellucid team. Being at the forefront of health care public reporting since 2001, Mr. King has directed the production of:
- WhyNotTheBest.org – a national quality improvement data portal and toolkit;
- New York State’s Hospital, Nursing Home and Home Care Provider Profiles;
- the Illinois Hospital Report Card and Illinois Public Health Community Map;
- the New York State Health Accountability Foundation’s HMO Report Card, and the Northeast Hospital Quality and Cost Report Card;
- Pellucid – a purpose built relational data system capturing millions of publicly reportable data elements and powering the above examples and third party resources such as the Leapfrog Patient Safety Score and Castle Connolly’s Inside New Jersey Top Hospitals.
Additionally, Mr. King oversees numerous health information technology projects related to clinical quality improvement and reporting. The eServices team is responsible for building secure, clinical data portals and quality improvement tools for state government and stakeholders such as the Bridges to Excellence Clinical Data Portal; New York’s Severe Sepsis and Septic Shock reporting framework, Hospital Medical Home Demonstration Project, and Prenatal Care Quality Improvement Project; Pennsylvania’s Managed Care Program Evaluation; and Kentucky’s Managed Care Dashboard.
Mr. King has two decades’ experience creating rich, usable content online, he has consulted for many national Web sites including the Fairchild Publications family of Web sites and other national brands. Prior to joining IPRO Mr. King served as CEO of MerlinWeb, the Internet solutions company he founded in 1996. Overall, Mr. King has consulted on over two hundred Web sites, and is a strong proponent of open source technology in the public sector.
Mr. King has served as co-chair of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services SDPS Web Strategies Workgroup, and serves as judge for the WWW Health Awards.