Chief Technology Officer, AVP Health Informatics
Mr. King is responsible for IPRO’s e-business strategy including software development, Health 2.0, interactive content and community, business development and promotion.
Mr. King also leads IPRO’s health informatics and public reporting Pellucid team. Being at the forefront of health care public reporting since 2001, Mr. King has directed the production of:
- MAPPP (Management of Anticoagulation in the Peri-Procedural Period) – an easy-to-use smart phone application that provides individualized patient guidance for management of anticoagulant medications based on patient thrombosis (blood clot) risk and specific procedural bleeding risk.
- WhyNotTheBest.org – a national quality improvement toolkit;
- New York State’s Hospital, Nursing Home, Home Care, and Hospice Provider Profiles;
- the Illinois Hospital Report Card and Illinois Public Health Community Map;
- the New York State Health Accountability Foundation’s HMO Report Card, and the Northeast Hospital Quality and Cost Report Card;
- Pellucid – a purpose built relational data system capturing millions of publicly reportable data elements and powering the above examples and third party resources such as the Leapfrog Patient Safety Score and Castle Connolly’s Inside New Jersey Top Hospitals.
Additionally, Mr. King oversees numerous health information technology projects related to clinical quality improvement and reporting. The Health Informatics team is responsible for building secure, clinical data portals and quality improvement tools for state government and stakeholders such as the Bridges to Excellence Clinical Data Portal; New York’s Hospital Medical Home Demonstration Project and Prenatal Care Quality Improvement Project; Pennsylvania’s Managed Care Program Evaluation; and Kentucky’s Managed Care Dashboard. Recently, Mr. King was asked to build a secure application to allow New York’s hospitals to report on severe sepsis and septic shock.
Mr. King has nearly two decades’ experience creating rich, usable content online, he has consulted for many national Web sites including the Fairchild Publications family of Web sites and other national brands. Prior to joining IPRO Mr. King served as CEO of MerlinWeb, the Internet solutions company he founded in 1996. Overall, Mr. King has consulted on over two hundred Web sites, and is a strong proponent of open source technology in the public sector.
Mr. King has served as co-chair of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services SDPS Web Strategies Workgroup, and serves as judge for the WWW Health Awards.
Karen Hirko, Assistant Director, Web Services
Lori Bailey, Web Generalist
Michael Borges, Product Manager
Luis Cerritos, Graphic Designer/Videographer
Julianna Nova, Web Editor
Joseph Gulotta, Assistant Director, Data Services
Shaina Bass, Data Analyst
John DeCelles, Data Analyst
Rebecca Olson, PhD, Senior Data Analyst
Samantha Schuffenecker, Data Analyst
Steve Smith, Data Warehouse Programmer
Suganthy Yoganathan, Data Analyst
Software Development Team
Collin York, Assistant Director
Steven Gilliard, Project Manager
Sunil Chandurkar, Web Developer
Anthony DeVito, Web Developer
Kevin LaVelle, Web Developer
William Pultz, Developer
Rurik Peterson, Director, Technology Services
Jose Paulino, Assistant Systems Administrator, Technology Services