ABOUT THIS COURSE:
As a companion to the NYS Consensus Asthma Guideline decision support tool and pocket guide , this step-by step tutorial is intended to assist you, the clinician, in applying the key concepts of the updated recommendations of the National Asthma Education Program (NAEPP), Expert Panel Report -3 (EPR-3) into your practice.
- The problem-based learning format of this activity will help you:
- Apply key changes of the NAEPP, EPR-3;
- Incorporate communication strategies to promote self management;
- Integrate trigger reduction recommendations into clinical practice;
- Adopt specific high leverage changes for greatest need and opportunity.
This Enduring Material activity, Asthma Management in Primary Care Practice, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 1.50 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Term of approval begins 06/01/2016. Term of approval is for one year from this date. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
You must complete and submit the CME Activity Evaluation Form to receive CME credit. This form is available in several formats:
You may submit the Word or PDF files either electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, via fax (516) 326-6177 or by mail to:
IPRO, Managed Care Department
1979 Marcus Avenue
Lake Success, NY 11042-1002
After receiving your completed CME Activity Evaluation Form, IPRO will issue an official three-credit certificate of completion to the address indicated on your CME Activity Evaluation Form.
If you have any questions, please contact IPRO at email@example.com.
Click on each corresponding video button to view the video. All videos on this page are the same, except that the medium videos will download to your computer faster. You may need to wait a while for the video to start playing as it is loading large video files to your computer.
- To view the large videos you must have a fast computer and at least cable internet or DSL.
- To view the Flash videos you must have the flash player plugin which you can download here.
- To view the Quicktime videos you must have Quicktime installed which you can download here.
Video Narration: Mamta Reddy, MD, Chief, Allergy/Immunology; Director, South Bronx Asthma Partnership Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center
Adobe Flash Videos:
Apple Quicktime Videos: