Under a new contract awarded by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services on September 18, 2020, IPRO and its collaborator organizations, Healthcentric Advisors and Qlarant, are able to offer select hospitals free focused technical support targeting identified high-priority issues in acute care.
The IPRO HQIC team
The IPRO HQIC quality improvement team of experienced healthcare professionals includes pharmacists, nurses, physicians, health informatics professionals, healthcare administrators, social workers, dietitians, and data analysts. Each member of our team brings expertise in implementing cross-setting quality improvement initiatives as well as established relationships with nationally recognized subject matter experts in all heath care topics, including patient safety, drug safety and emergency preparedness.
We bring a passion for the work, expertise and resources to enhance your quality improvement efforts.
- We appreciate the unique and challenging conditions hospitals face now more than ever. While the impact of COVID-19 on healthcare acquired infections is yet unquantified, current research indicates that we can anticipate increases in rates of infections—including CAUTI, CLABSI, MRSA, and sepsis. 1 We will build on our prior success in reducing infection rates and adverse drug events to address the emerging challenges resulting from the pandemic.
- We support participating hospitals in improving care delivery systems affecting vulnerable populations.
- We leverage data to track, inform and guide activities and to drive large-scale, sustainable change.
- Our customized mobile applications decrease provider burden by incorporating clinical decision support tools directly into clinical workflows at the point of care.
- We can help your team organize improvement efforts on a framework of recognized stewardship models for antibiotics, anticoagulants and opioids.
- We are experienced in working in a variety of virtual formats, including the Project ECHO platform. Project Extension for Community Healthcare Outcomes® (ECHO®) is a dynamic program designed to spread clinical and quality improvement knowledge, build capacity of local workforces to care for underserved and rural populations, and embed quality improvement practices into organizations.
About the IPRO HQIC
- As the largest Medicare QIN-QIO in the country, we offer participating hospitals our expansive network resources: education from recognized clinical leaders and quality experts, access to the latest evidence-based tools, and the ability to participate in peer-sharing and affinity-based learning groups.
- The three organizations that comprise the IPRO HQIC have each served as the Medicare Quality Innovation Network-Quality Improvement Organization in their respective areas for decades, with years of experience successfully working with hospitals to improve patient safety, reduce healthcare acquired infections, and improve healthcare outcomes.
- As part of our CMS QIO work in the past, and more recently as a partner in the New York State Hospital Improvement Innovation Network (HIIN), we provided clinical expertise, education, tools, resources and direct project support that improved health outcomes at participating hospitals.
- We have helped hospitals implement patient and family advisory councils, establish a culture of safety by reducing harm, enhance transitions of care, and establish effective medication reconciliation and antibiotic stewardship programs.
- We helped develop and conduct regional meetings for rural/critical access hospitals on topics such as reducing readmissions, developing care partner programs, and addressing transportation challenges in rural communities.
For more information, please contact Rebecca Van Vorst, MSPH, CPHQ at email@example.com.