IPRO offers clients a full range of services to support Pay-For-Performance (P4P) and Value-Based Purchasing Programs.
A 2007 report published by the Commonwealth Fund reveals that more than half of the nation’s state Medicaid programs are using pay-for-performance incentives, and most of the remaining states are expected to do so within the next few years. Download full report.
The IPRO Solution
IPRO’s staff can provide the experience and expertise to help maximize the impact of your pay-for-performance initiatives. We offer a full range of pay-for-performance and value-based purchasing program development, implementation and evaluation services, such as:
- Performance Measure Development and Selection to ensure that meaningful measures are driving your Pay-for-Performance program
- Incentive Program Design that reflects your priorities and encourages provider quality improvement
- Provider Education and Outreach to fully engage your providers in the process
- Data Collection and Aggregation for complex measures or multipayer projects
- Data Analysis to aid program design and evaluation
- Data Validation to ensure that reported performance accurately reflects true performance
- Provider Technical Assistance in such areas as data submission or quality improvement
- Performance Reporting via Web and print media, to encourage consumer participation and to foster competitive quality improvement activities
- Program Evaluation to assess whether or not your program is achieving its intended results
The IPRO Advantage
Working with IPRO puts the expertise of 350 highly skilled staff members at your disposal, helping you to maximize the impact of pay-for-performance and value-based purchasing initiatives. Our team of health care and information technology professionals:
- Serves as the data aggregator for four regional P4P demonstration projects funded by the New York State Department of Health
- Provided consultation to state Medicaid agencies regarding their P4P program design and implementation
- Audited provider P4P measures for the California Integrated Healthcare Association pay-for-performance initiative
- Lent technical expertise and support for a multipayer HEDIS® project convened by a business coalition
- Created and manage Web-based provider report cards for state and private clients
Contact Virginia Hill, RN, MPA, Vice President Managed Care, 516-209-5567 or GHill@ipro.org
HEDIS® is a registered trademark of the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).