Working under the direct supervisor of NYS DOH, this individual is responsible for conducting onsite unannounced surveys of Article 28 Diagnostic & Treatment Centers (D&TC) in accordance with Title 10 New York State Code Rules and Regulations. These surveys look at the operation of the facility in whole, including patient care and physical environment concentrating on ongoing facility compliance with the state regulations and standards. Duties include, but are not limited to: review of critical areas of facility operations (i.e., quality assurance, credentialing, governance, patients’ rights, medical/nursing care services, infection control, etc.) assessments and observation for possible safety issues. This individual must be able to effectively communicate with administrative and clinical staff throughout the survey. S/he will participate in and/or be responsible for writing Statements of Deficiencies, reviewing and responding to Plans of Correction.
- Superior analytical and communication (written and verbal) skills, with the ability to present data and findings to interested parties with varying backgrounds. Must be able to effectively communicate with all personnel including professional staff in D&TC facility and DOH.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with minimal supervision, as well as in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to identify substandard patient care.
- Ability to manage all aspects of a full survey cycle of a project.
- Computer literate with the ability to learn and navigate throughout the ASPEN system.
- The ability to travel (up to 50% of the time) within the five boroughs and up to Ulster County, required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- NYS Licensed RN, required.
- Graduate of an approved, registered professional nurses training program, required.
- Bachelor’s in Nursing, preferred. Master’s degree in public health, nursing, healthcare administration or related coursework, a plus.
- A minimum of three (3) years of recent, acute care experience, required.
- Experience working in primary care clinic setting (Article 28) a plus.
IPRO offers a comprehensive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must note the position # identified in the title line when applying for this position.
Please submit a resume, along with a cover letter (which should include salary requirements or history to):
Attn: Human Resources
1979 Marcus Avenue
Lake Success, NY 11042-1002
Fax: (516) 403-5984
While we are grateful for all interest expressed in employment with IPRO, only qualified candidates being considered will be contacted.
IPRO is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.