March 13, 2020
COVID-19 Updates from ACL:
Click here for new resources and updated information added to ACL.gov/COVID-19
The volume of information is growing, so we have added sub-sections in an attempt to make key information easier to find. We also have published several FAQs and other new resources. For example, we created a section explicitly for the aging and disability networks. That’s where you will find program-specific guidance as it’s available, as well as links to information from CMS, CDC and others that is specifically applicable to the networks. In that section, you’ll now find:
- FAQs for the following Older Americans Act programs
- Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Senior Nutrition
- State Long-Term Care Ombudsman (we’ve also added the planning resource created for this program in 2015)
- HCBS and Elder Justice currently are combined into one FAQ
- CMS guidance on HCBS waivers and nursing home visitation
- Interim guidance from the CDC for getting an organization ready for an outbreak
We also have added:
- On the home page: We’ve added a Spanish-language version of much of the content for older adults and people with disabilities. (Thank you to the Instituto de Deficiencias en el Desarrollo, the ACL’s University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities in Puerto Rico the assist!) Spanish version
- More from the CDC: Including a link to a video on what older adults need to know about the virus.
- A link to the New Hampshire UCEDD’s COVID-19 page, which includes language assistance resources.
- Information about scams and how to protect yourself from them.