The Data Analyst supports the Managed Care Department by assisting in the development of quality improvement and validation studies. S/he is responsible for analyzing data, writing reports for large and small-scale research studies, developing and managing internal databases, and designing and producing other data reports.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to prepare cogent analyses using a variety of statistical, spreadsheet and database programs.
- Exceptional writing skills, with the ability to clearly and thoroughly present quantitative and qualitative review findings to interested parties with varying technical backgrounds. Ability to write well and quickly.
- Excellent communication skills; in particular, able to provide technical assistance to MCO staff and able to actively participate in quality improvement group meetings.
- SAS programming experience with the ability to work independently on projects as assigned.
- Ability to coordinate workgroups to design quality improvement studies.
- Ability to handle all aspects in the full cycle of a research project.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage time effectively and meet client deliverables.
- Ability to relate to staff at all levels of familiarity with computers and statistics.
- Must have flexibility of work hours and ability to travel when needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (public administration, policy, or health, epidemiology, social work, psychology, statistics, environmental health, nutrition or related concentrations, preferred), required. Will also consider course work related to process improvement, clinical & non-clinical research, and statistical & process analysis. Master’s degree, preferred.
- One (1) year of experience working in a health care field, required. Will consider a Master’s degree in a related field in lieu of experience.
- In addition to SAS experience, experience with a variety of software packages, particularly Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint, preferred.
IPRO offers a comprehensive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must note the position # identified in the title line when applying for this position.
Please submit a resume, along with a cover letter (which should include salary requirements or history) to:
Attn: Human Resources
1979 Marcus Avenue
Lake Success, NY 11042-1002
While we are grateful for all interest expressed in employment with IPRO, only qualified candidates being considered will be contacted.
IPRO is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran