Based in Albany, this individual will assist senior staff in the New York State Office of Alcohol and Substance Abuse in the evaluating, planning, analyzing & reporting activities related to behavioral health initiatives. Duties include but are not limited to: collection and analysis of patient data; integration of OASAS Client Data System (CDS) & Medicaid data set; conduct analysis to predict treatment needs; indentify geographical treatment patterns; provide technical assistance & respond to ad hoc data requests. Develop & review data validation documentation; develop SAS programs.
- Exceptional analytical & communication (both written and verbal) skills with the ability to present data to interested parties with varying technical backgrounds.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically.
- Strong attention to detail & problem solving skills.
- Ability to create timelines & meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Proficient in the use of standard office technology & basic Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, & PowerPoint.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree in Statistics, Epidemiology, Health Services Research, Healthcare Administration Management, required. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferred.
- Two (2) years of demonstrated progressive work history, required.
- Experience with SAS or SQL, required.
- Experience with data collection & analysis working with very large data sets, preferred.
- Knowledge of business development software, preferred.
- Experience with or knowledge of New York State public health insurance programs & managed care, particularly public Health insurance programs (e.g. Medicaid, Managed Care, CHPlus or Medicare), preferred.
IPRO offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested candidates must note the position # identified in the title line when applying for this position.
Please submit a resume, along with a cover letter (which should include salary requirements or history) to:
Attn: Human Resources
1979 Marcus Avenue
Lake Success, NY 11042-1002
Fax: (516) 403-5985
While we are grateful for all interest expressed in employment with IPRO, only qualified candidates being considered will be contacted.
Individuals must be authorized to work in the United States; no sponsorship or relocation is being offered for this position.
IPRO is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.