This individual will assist senior managers in the New York State Department of Health (DOH) in evaluation, planning, analysis and reporting to the Vital Access Provider Program. S/he will be responsible for collecting data and statistics to conduct analyses on existing health care resources to determine need and perform dispersion and absorption analyses; review health care provider and system market share, services, and population demographics; analyze SPARCS and Institutional Cost Report data, as well as other duties.
- Superior analytic and communication (written and verbal) skills with the ability to present data to interested parties with varying technical backgrounds.
- The ability to think creatively and strategically.
- Computer literacy in the use of databases and other analytical software.
- The demonstrated ability to design, manage and work with databases/systems.
- Ability to work well independently and with little supervision.
- Strong financial and statistical analytical skills preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in the use of standard office technology and basic Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- The ability to travel within NYS as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- An Associate’s degree in a related discipline, required. A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related discipline, preferred. (Will consider education in lieu of experience for candidates possessing a Bachelor or Master degrees in a related field.)
- Experience with SAS business analytics software OR SQL programming, preferred.
- Experience with, and proficiency in, Microsoft applications including Excel, required.
IPRO offers a comprehensive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit resume with cover letter, which should include salary requirements and/or history to:
Attn: Human Resources
1979 Marcus Avenue
Lake Success, NY 11042-1002
Fax: (516) 328-1551
While we are grateful for all interest expressed in employment with IPRO, only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
IPRO is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; M/F/D/V.