In this hands-on role, this clinical leader will develop, design, implement and manage performance measurement and improvement projects; assist in the development of performance improvement strategies and their implementation, and develop techniques for evaluating the efficacy of interventions. The Medical Director will interact with health plan QI staff, medical directors and state and federal representatives. S/he will also deliver presentations on client-related topics to small and large groups, including health plan medical directors’ meetings and state-sponsored workshops and conferences. Develop medical record abstraction tools for focused studies, including instructions for interpreting data elements and guidelines for abstraction. The Medical Director will work closely with data analysts in the design of reports and in preparing project reports for various audiences/purposes.
- Understand clinical practice patterns. Able to discuss clinical practices with physicians, quality improvement professionals, health plan medical directors, and federal and state government officials.
- Superior communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to communicate quality improvement data and methods to health plan staff with varying technical and clinical backgrounds.
- Familiarity with quality improvement principles and techniques, including the research cycle and intervention design.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Must have flexibility of work hours and ability to travel when needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- MD degree with a license to practice in New York state, required.
- Board Certified or eligible, required.
- An MPH or equivalent degree with emphasis in epidemiology or health services research, preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in public health, health services research, health care quality improvement, epidemiology or health outcomes research, required.
IPRO offers a comprehensive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must note the position # identified in the title line when applying for this position.
Please submit a resume, along with a cover letter (which should include salary requirements or history) to:
Attn: Human Resources
1979 Marcus Avenue
Lake Success, NY 11042-1002
While we are grateful for all interest expressed in employment with IPRO, only qualified candidates being considered will be contacted.
IPRO is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran