Based in Lake Success, the Proposal Writer is a key member of the Proposal Services Department, which is responsible for developing proposals that meet all client requirements, from concept through production and timely delivery, using IPRO’s Proposal Services’ methodology and tools. The Proposal Writer is an integral member of the team and may be called on to complete any assignment, generally under the guidance of the Director of Proposal Services as needed. S/he is responsible for collaborating with programmatic teams to develop narrative responses and other written materials for proposals and developing and maintaining boilerplate content as needed.
- Superior writing, editing, and verbal communication skills; strong attention to detail.
- Ability to research and write about complex healthcare topics in a way that is understandable to both technical and lay audiences.
- Strong project management and interpersonal skills, with the demonstrated ability to direct small-to-medium- scale projects involving staff across different levels/departments.
- Microsoft Office proficiency. Advanced Word user a must. Experience using Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Project, strongly preferred.
- Solid organizational and time management skills along with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; ability to coordinate efforts to ensure timely delivery.
- Ability to understand IPRO’s mission/services as well as the department’s services, and to apply this knowledge to assigned activities such as writing proposal content.
- Ability to make decisions and be accountable for outcomes; have a clear understanding when to consult superiors; ability to work well with minimal supervision.
- Ability to succeed in a work environment characterized by changing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, e.g., English or Journalism, strongly preferred.
- Five (5) years of related experience e.g. healthcare or healthcare-related proposal, technical, or report writing, corporate communications, business development, or similar, required.
IPRO offers a comprehensive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must note the position # identified in the title line when applying for this position. Please submit a resume, along with a cover letter (which should include salary requirements or history) to:
Attn: Human Resources
1979 Marcus Avenue
Lake Success, NY 11042
While we are grateful for all interest expressed in employment with IPRO, only qualified candidates being considered will be contacted.
IPRO is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran